The Emblem of Phichit

Introduction
Land of the Legend.
     Phichit  is  situated in the lower Northern Region of Thailand. The name " Phichit " means " The Beautiful  Town  " It was probably founded by Phraya Khot Thabong in 1056. During the Sukhothai period  (1238-1350),  the community was named " Sa Luang " which was one of the important town of  Sukhothai.  Phichit  was  named again in Ayutthaya period (1350-1767) as " Okhaburi" (Town in the  Swamp)  and  it  was  the  place where King Sanphet VIII or "Phrachao Sua" of Ayutthaya was born.  Phichit was designated as a province during Rattanakosin (Bangkok) period, in the reign of King Rama V (1868-1910)

     Phichit  occupies an area of 4,531.014 square kilometers and is located 345 kms. to the north of Bangkok.

Borders
North :
South :
East :
West :
Phitsanulok 73 kms.
Nakhon Sawan 113 kms.
Phetchabun 129 kms.
Kamphaengphet and Nakhon Sawan 90 kms.

From Phichit city to nearby Provinces
     -   Phitsanulok
     -   Nakhon Sawan
     -   Phetchabun
     -   Kamphaengphet
From Phichit city to its districts
     -    Bang Mun Nak 50 kms.
     -   Pho Thale 66 kms.  
     -   Pho Prathap Chang 25 kms.
     -   Sam Ngam 18 kms.
     -   Taphan Hin 28 kms.
     -   Thapkhlo 44 kms.
     -   Wang Sai Phun 31 kms.

How to get there
By Bus
     Bus service between Bangkok and Phichit is available many times a day at the North Terminal Bus Station. Tel: (02) 537-8055

By Train
     Trains  leave  from  Bangkok  Railway  Station (Hualaphong) and take about 5-6 hours to get to Phichit. Call Bangkok Railway Station at (02) 223-7010, 223-7020