|The Emblem of Lopburi|
Lopburi was probably founded in pre-historical period until the Khemers who expanded their power to the town of Larvo dating from the 10th century and ruled over the area. In the middle of the 13th century when the Thais who had already migrated from the North and had settled down in this country. In 1664, King Narai the Great, a King of Ayutthaya made Lop Buri the second capital with the help of French architects. Therefore , the architectural style of Lop Buri in the reign of King Narai was half Thai and half western. Today it is a modern garrison town and provincial capital 153 kms., north of Bangkok.
|The North stretches to Phetchabun and Nakhon Sawan The South stretches to Saraburi and Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya The East stretches to Nakhon Ratchasima and Chaiyaphum The West stretches to Singburi and Angthong and Nakhon Sawan|
|How to get there|
|By Bus |
Both air - conditioned buses and non air-conditioned buses leave the Northern Bus Terminal (Mor chit 2) for Lop Buri every 15 minutes from 05.30 A.M. until 08.30 P.M. everyday.
Travelling by car from Bangkok to Lopburi is most convenient, there are three routes to choose depending on the starting point in Bangkok. Description of each route is as follow :
Trains leave the Bangkok Railway Station (Hua Lamphong) for Lopburi many times daily. Call 233-7010,233-7020 for further information.